The Laser Pointer allows the operator to identify the edge or other feature of the plate physically with a known location on the cutting machine. It simplifies the basic setting, shortens throughput times and avoids scrap.
- Used by the operator to identify the edge of a plate by physically locating two points along an edge
- To use the Laser Pointer for plate alignment, the operator activates the plate alignment routine (part program rotation)
- Once the necessary points are identified, the entire part program is automatically offset (rotated) to the actual plate position
- The part program can be executed to cut the part or nest as if the plate were square to the machine axes
- Simplifies set-up, reduces cycle time and scrap