Bevel cutting requires an exact knowledge of the machine and the cutting processes. Corners, lead-ins and run-outs have to be cut with special sequence if the required quality is to be achieved. Bevel cutting also places high demands on the programming of the cut parts. Special auxiliary functions are needed to set the units up for bevel cutting.
For example, with plasma bevel cutting, cuts must be repeated if the preparation consists of multiple bevels. It may be necessary to offset the cutting contour to a parallel one or the unit may have to be offset laterally. Depending upon the cutting process, special start of cut geometries may be required. Additionally, the optimum technology parameters such as drive speed and cutting amperage has to be matched to the bevel to be cut.
Messer Cutting Systems offers a variety of bevel cutting units, perfectly suited for your cutting applications. You choose out of oxyfuel, plasma and laser beveling options, in both automatic and manual systems. The automatic systems are fully controlled, with no manual adjustments necessary.
- Types of bevel I, V, X, Y
- Material thickness for beveling up to 50 mm
- Material thickness for vertical cuts up to 50 mm
- Material thickness with edge start up 100 mm
- Max. Angle 45°
- Infinite rotation of the unit (Skew Rotator∞) around its own axis
- Interpolation of the bevel angle (change on the bevel on the fly from minimum to maximum torch angle while cutting)