For stainless and heat resisting steels as well as for cast iron, cutting without the addition of iron powder is not easily possible. By blowing iron powder into the flame with compressed air the cutting temperature is increased and thus allows material to be parted. Messer Cutting Systems also offers you different solutions for this: our hand powder cutting torch AC 41 with integrated powder feed or our heavy duty hand cutting torches from the SMB range with an additional, external powder nozzle of powder head. Both heavy duty cutting torch types are suitable for the combination of Oxygen Acetylene or for Propane, Methane or MAPP with Oxygen and just differ in the nozzles used. This makes it possible to change the fuel gas at any time. We also offer our powder cutting torches in various designs and lengths. Our comprehensive accessory program, such as circle trammel bars or torch carriages, also makes the work easier for you.
We would be happy to consult with you to define together the optimum appropriate torch solution for you.
- With spring lever to open cutting Oxygen and powder feed valve together
- With angled head
- Depending upon the nozzle for gas combinations Propane, Methane, MAPP and Oxygen (PMY) or Acetylene and Oxygen (A)
- Lengh: 1050 mm (Coal gas and MAPP)
- Oxygen connection: G3/8"RH*
- Fuel gas connection: G3/8"LH*
- Powder connection: G1/4"RH*
- Cutting range up to 300 mm
*Connection details for Germany. Other national connections available.
- Accessories to convert from heavy duty hand cutting torch to powder hand cutting torch
- Suitable for straight, pulled cuts
- Can be retrofitted at any time or ordered ex works
- Suitable for SMB 600 and SMB 663
Our comprehensive Product range offers you various possibilities to execute heavy duty cutting, whether with or without the addition of powder. Further information about this can be found in our steel mill catalogue on the page about heavy duty hand cutting torches or simply contact us directly.
As suppliers of solutions to problems for the metalworking industry it is extremely important to us that we always offer you the best solution for your individual requirements.
Have you any questions about our hand or ingot scarfing torches or would you like more information about any aspect of our product range? Contact us directly and we will reply to you as fast as possible.
Messer Cutting Systems is the solution provider for the metalworking industry. In addition to cutting machines and oxyfuel technology, we offer software solutions, spare parts and a wide range of services.
We are sure that we will find the right solution for your individual requirements. Contact us, we will reply to you as fast as possible.